Re: gEDA-user: guile under minipack?

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 2:06 AM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Status...

I know your working on other issues, but figured it was better to keep
the current minipack stuff in the same thread.

Hmm.  I was going to post the "to many colors" error I was getting
with HEAD of PCB as of May/30/2011, but now the error is not there.
This might be an other case of minipack having a circular dependency.
I've noted that sometimes the minipack commands must be run twice.
The first run errors out, but the second run works fine.

Cesar, how can I 'make install' different versions of the same package?
I assume I need a 'patch' to configure.in that would append the
version information to the .exe, in the same way that it shows up in
the directory names?

For anyone that wants to play with arbitrary sources in minipack, here
is how from Cesar via private email a while ago:

The mpk shell <recipe> command will open a subshell prepared for
manually cross-compile arbitrary sources.

./mpk shell pcb
cd <some-build-location-for-pcb>
git clone git://git.gpleda.org/pcb.git
cd pcb