gEDA-user: PCB: crash on Find

I compiled PCB from the GL repository a few days ago. It looks great, however, it does crash quite frequently when I use 'F' to find a net's connections - no warnings, nothing when I invoke PCB from the command line. I'd like to help pin down this bug, but I'm stymied by two things: 1) I can't locate the git command to tell you exactly what you have checked out. I know it's been answered in the list before, but I haven't been able to locate it here or on the web.
2) What should my build configuration be to catch the crash?

Thanks,
Ethan