gEDA-user: High voltage caps in small places

Interesting study sent to me by a friend - Johanson Dielectrics has a study posted to Digikey: http://dkc1.digikey.com/us/en/tod/JohansonDielectrics/PCBDesign_NoAudio/High_Voltage_PCB_Design_for_Arc_Prevention_NoAudio.html Summary: For high voltage (>1kVac), small (1206, 1808) caps, it's bad to leave soldermask between the terminals of the device, particularly in humid conditions. Rounding the pads is beneficial on 1206, but not so much on 1808. I wonder what materials are available for soldermask and if they have higher moisture resistance? Is soldermask polyimide?

-Ethan