Re: gEDA-user: Water proof panel connectors

On 06/08/2011 04:58 PM, Rob Butts wrote:
    I have a water proof box with two volage sources inside.  I need a
    power connector to be water proof that I can in the box and be water
    proof.  It doesn't have to be submersible because it will be on the
    back of my wheelchair but the more water proof the better.

    Can anyone recommend one?

    Thanks
How many connections are you looking to pass through? There are some good water-resistant connectors for PV systems, e.g. Tyco SolarLok, that handle oodles of current, which you can pair with a water-tight glandular feed-through that fits in a standard knockout. The advantage is that you have strain relief right at the box and the connector can go in another location where the rigid section is not a problem. Or, if you don't need to make/break the connection frequently, the wire can go straight into the box without any connector.

-Ethan