Re: gEDA-user: OT: help needed; asymmetric load after rectifier seems to disrupt its working.

What is the purpose of C1 and L1? If you want to filter anything, it should be AFTER you rectify the signal to DC. A series cap is going to remove low frequencies... like DC which is attenuated very highly. So much in fact that you can't draw a DC signal through a capacitor. That is why your circuit is not working.

If you remove C1 and L1 the circuit will work the way you want it to I believe. Also, with an input frequency of 15 kHz or higher, you won't be needing 100 uF output filter capacitors for a light load. How many mA is your load? How much ripple can you allow? Use those two values to calculate the value of output filter capacitor you need. Once I fix your circuit by removing the input "filter" I measure 19.14 volts out and 38.2 mA of current into a 500 ohm load. Is that what you are shooting for? The 100 uF cap gives around 10 mV of ripple. With lighter loads or more ripple the cap can be smaller.

Rick