Re: gEDA-user: web version of gschem/pcb

Dan McMahill wrote:

> that functionality has been there in pcb and gschem for years....

Obviously, this is one of the hard to discover features. It is not
in the GUI and the manual just mention renumber with a one-liner.
http://pcb.gpleda.org/pcb-cvs/pcb.html#Renumber-Action
There is no hint, how to actually do the back-annotation on the
gschem side. Not in the pcb manual and not in the gschem manual,
either.

> In pcb, when you Renumber(), it creates an annotation file (similar to
> an ECO file for those familiar with pads).  pcb_backannotate will then
> take that renumber and apply to your schematics.

> I see a few things missing in the current implementation though.

Me too. :-)

* It can't deal with refdeses that have been mangled in any way. This
prevents the application with simple hirarchical designs.

* It does not deal with refdeses changed manually by the user.

* It always applies to all components. There is no way to not renumber
some parts of the layout.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211