gEDA-user: gschem add net problem

When I create a schematic, if I try to put more than one symbol on a net, it does
not take.  For example, if I were to put three resistors vertically, right next
to each other, then add a net across all three on top, and another across all
three on bottom, gschem indicates by adding a dot, that the middle resistor has
been connected to the net.

But if I try moving the middle resistor, it does not rubberband like the two
outside ones.  This happens  whenever I try to install a symbol on a net.

I can get it to work by moving the part off the line and connecting another net
to it manually.  But as soon as I try to move it back into position, the
connection goes away, and it will not rubberband.

Right now I have it  working by having components that are supposed to be in a
straight line (for appearance purposes) set up or down a bit.  It works, but
looks  really bad.

I must be missing something simple.  Can anyone tell me what it is?

Thanks,

Tim