Re: gEDA-user: gEDA file format - couple of questions on attributes.

   This questions intereresting for me too, so it would be nice if
   somebody of Guru could comment them :)

     Hi there,
     I'm still intermittently working on a parser in Python for the
     gEDA/gaf file format and I have a couple of questions that I hope
     the
     list can answer.
     1) are there any restrictions on the characters in attribute names
     and
     values (other than no "=" in the name) ?

   As I see in gschem sources "slot" attribute have some special meaning.
   But seems it just providing some special processing for sloted objects
   (couldnt't imagine what is this).
   Also check here:
   [1]http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:master_attributes_list
   [2]http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:na_howto

     2) Can attributes be multiline text or are they always single line
     text (but perhaps several)?

   As I see attributes are always one line. Attribute editor is one line
   length. In the code I don't see any special processing for multiline
   attributes. So seems 1 attribute = 1 line.

   Regards,
   Pavlo