gEDA-user: Advanced SPICE netlisting. . . .

Greetings gEDA hackers, and Hi Wojciech --

As I've alluded to before, I've spent some time over the last week
hacking around with the SPICE netlister.  Hopefully, I have improved
it.  My particular effort was to be able to incorporate either
one-line SPICE models into a symbol, or to incorporate multi-line
models from a text file.  I also included some other code & symbol
improvements & added a symbol to the spice symbol directory.  As a
starting point I took gnet-spice1.scm by Wojciech (I believe), and
massively reworked it.

To make this work, I had to add a couple of new attributes to the
symbols, as well as hack gnetlist.c a tiny bit.  I also wrote a fairly
long HOWTO detailing which attributes to attach to any particular type
of symbol in order to generate SPICE netlists.

The stuff works under gEDA-20030323.

I have posted a web page about my hackery under:

http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/SPICE/

I don't want to step on anybody's toes here, so if somebody else owns
SPICE netlisting, I am willing to work with them to incorporate this
stuff into their netlister.  IN particular, I understand that Wojciech
is also working on SPICE netlisting, albeit on different
funcitonality.  Hopefully, our stuff is mutually compatible & we can
merge the code.  Moreover, I hope my stuff is useful & perhaps the
powers that be will be interested in including it into the next gEDA
release.  I just say this 'cause I don't know what the politics is
here  & I want to be helpful and useful!  Just let me know how you
would like to move forward with this stuff.

Please take the time to look at the code, install it, and let me know
if you have any suggestions/comments/criticisms.  I am interested in
helping the gEDA project grow, and I figured that playing around with
SPICE was a good first step.

Stuart

p.s. I didn't use the CVS system 'cause I haven't figured out how to
do that yet, so code is based upon the 20030223 release.