Re: gEDA-user: SPICE/gEDA updated. . . . .

cool stuff.  I'll be checking it out tonight.  One thing I've been
wondering about is how one might have some hooks for a technology file if
you wanted to use gEDA for IC type schematics.  Where you care about this
is the following:

You're doing a MOS transistor design.  For a given technology, you can
calculate the AS, AD, PS, PD parameters (source and drain areas and
perimeters) from the specified width, length, and number of fingers for
the device.  The commercial tools all provide hooks so that the tool will
properly fill in those parameters in your netlist based on some equations
that include process dependent parameters.  I've been wondering what it
would take to get such a hook into gEDA.  It seems like a good way might
be to have a line in the gnetlistrc file for the project that specified a
particular technology library.  Then you'd just want to figure out how to
have the netlister provide some sort of hook where you could insert
whatever extra equations you may need.

Anyway, I'll be anxious to see what you've done with the spice netlister.
I've been thinking of doing a switcap backend so I imagine there may be
something for me to learn from your work.

-Dan