Re: gEDA-user: SPICE/gEDA updated. . . . .

I'm a board designer, not a chip guy, so I may be on shakey ground
here.  Please allow me to ask a couple of questions.

1.  First off, what kind of netlist are you interested in?  If it's a
SPICE netlist, can you just use a .INCLUDE card?  If so, there is a
.INCLUDE block symbol which you can stick into your schematic. This
symbol lives in the SPICE symbols which are included in the standard
gEDA dist, and which I have augmented & made available on my web site.

BTW: Both of the examples I put on the web incorporate a .INCLUDE
symbol as a way to incorporate SPICE analysis commands in the
schematic, so you can take a look at them.

2.  If it's more than just an .INCLUDE, does standard, vanilla SPICE
have a corresponding card?  How do you get the equations into a SPICE
netlist?

3.  Hmmm. . .   As I consider it, I guess that the answer to your
question depends upon how you incorporate the technology file into
your netlist.  Here are some options:

  *  If your final product is a flat netlist with a reference to your
  technolog file in it (like  #include "technologyfile.h" statement in
  c), then you can easily put a corresponding "include" symbol in your
  schematic.

  *  If you want to actually put the statements in the flat
  netlist, then you can place a pointer to teh technology file into a
  .MODEL block symbol.  Upon netlisting, the contents of the file will
  be read from the file and placed in the netlist itself.

  *  If it's something more subtle (like setting an
  environmental variable), then putting it in the .rc may be better.

Do you have an example?

Stuart