gEDA-user: missing menu icons in gschem

Hello all:

I just installed gschem on my Mandrake-9.0 and I notice that the menu in
the gschem window lacks icons (the usual ones for File, Open, Save etc).
Some screenshots I looked at show these icons are indeed present. Has
anyone faced this problem before? How do I fix this?

Thanks
Krishnan

--
Email: ks48(AT)buffalo.EDU