Re: gEDA-user: missing menu icons in gschem

>I just installed gschem on my Mandrake-9.0 and I notice that the menu in
>the gschem window lacks icons (the usual ones for File, Open, Save etc).
>Some screenshots I looked at show these icons are indeed present. Has
>anyone faced this problem before? How do I fix this?

	Do you have a ${prefix}/share/gEDA/bitmap  directory?
(where ${prefix} is /usr or /usr/local or some other dir, wherever you
install gEDA/gaf).

	What does the following return:

grep bitmap-directory system-commonrc

	It should return:
; bitmap-directory string
(bitmap-directory "${GEDADATA}/bitmap")

	The environment variable GEDADATA should be unset on Linux for most
installations.

								-Ales