Re: gEDA-user: Which software for simulation?

Hi --

I have had success with LTSpice running under wine.  LTSpice (also
called SwitcherCAD III) is a heavy-duty SPICE simulator which Linear
Tech released for free as a sales tool.  It has a schematic capture
front end, but I bypass that & use gschem instead.  I then import the
SPICE netlist as a .cir file & simulate it.

LTSpice is becoming very popular with both amateurs as well as
professionals.  There are lots of posts related to it in
sci.electronics.cad, and the program's author monitors that group to
answer questions.

You can get LTSpice at:

http://www.linear.com/software/

Run the installer under wine.

I also have a HOWTO talking about gEDA, SPICE, and LTSpice
on my website:

http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/SPICE/

My website also holds an advanced backend for gnetlist so you can do
more advanced SPICE stuff than with the vanilla netlister.

HTH,

Stuart