Re: gEDA-user: Which software for simulation?

Carlos, near as I can tell, its tclspice, which is a minor variation on
ngspice with some additional Tcl/Tk features. I am currently running it
under Magic on two of my systems as I get used to it. The key author is
Stefan Jones and this is a snippet of an email he sent me at this group a
couple of weeks ago:

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 03:20, cfk wrote:
>  Well, I must be doing something wrong. I am able to ./configure, make,
make
>  install and run ngspice. I can run some of the programs in the test
>  directory such as those in resistance & mesa, but if I run say
>  bsim4/test1.cir I get an error for no such file "modelcard.nmos" and a
>  segmentation fault and ngspice bombs to the shell prompt.

This is a known bug in ngspice-rework-14. It has been fixed in CVS and
in my tclspice distobution (http://www.sf.net/projects/rtwo).
Spice crashes a bsim model is not found.

I don't know about the tests, to my detriment I don't use / touch them.

Stefan

--
Stefan Jones <stefan.jones@multigig.com>
Multigig Ltd