gEDA-user: Which software for simulation?

Hi all,
I was wondering which software is people using for circuit simulation.
I found ngspice and gnucap, but ngspice seems to be dropped down in
flavour of gnucap, and gnucap's development seems to be not quite
active.
Gschem have the backend for spice, so using ngspice is easy, but it
doesn't have any for gnucap.
I tried to use the spice backend for gnucap, but I fail: in a first try,
a very simple circuit with a transistor, gnucap needs "substrate node"
after collector, base, and emitter nodes.

It seems like people is using spice, but.. is there any spice-like
software still alive?

So, please, could anyone tell me what you are using for simulation?

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

Juega con Ventura24.es, loterķa inteligente y multiplica tus
posibilidades!! http://www.iespana.es/_reloc/email.ventura