gEDA-user: copying properties

Another request I'd like to put in for possible future enhancements
to gschem.

For some spice simulation schematics I am making, I sometimes
change the properties for a bunch of identical symbol instances.

Currently, I have to change it on each of them individually.
Alternativelly , I delete them all and replace the instances. Copying
the first one a multiple times.
Eiether alternative is a little tedious if the number of components
is large.

Is there an alternative way to do the above? I can suggest one approach

- Change the paramters of one of the symbol instances.
- Select the other instances that you want updated with the same
  parameter change and click on a new button that says "copy properties"
  Or "copy symbol"
  The action I would like this to take is to update the selected
instances
  to the first symbol. (Either change in symbol or change in properties
as the
  case may be). Ideally refdes numbers don't change during the update.

/sri