Re: gEDA-user: gschupdate always eats symbols

> Since the most important thing in the RC file is the pointer to the
> symbol libs, I wonder if a better approach moving forward would be to
> consolidate the files into one?  Or is there an architectural reason
> to have multiple RC files?

I know I'd be happier if all the utilities used one common file for the
library paths in ~/.gEDA.

As things stand now you have to put local symbols in the global files,
if you want all of the utilities to find them.

Then when you upgrade versions you have to remember to put them in there
each time.  Making it very prone to overlooking something, and breaking
everything.

--
                    http://www.softwaresafety.net/
       http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/