Re: gEDA-user: gschupdate always eats symbols

Hi --

I notice that there is a proliferation of RC files occuring here.  I
am guilty of this too, since gattrib also wants an RC file called
gattribrc to live in the share/gEDA directory.  Now we will have the
following RC files:  gschemrc, gnetlistrc, gattribrc, gschlasrc,
gsymcheckrc.  Have I forgotten any others?

On the subject of RC files, I am also getting
e-mails from folks who are having problems reading/parsing the gattrib
RC file because they have placed statements in it which make Guile ill
under gattrib, but are fine in other gEDA progs.  The point here is
that different progs seem to want different things in the RC files;
there is no uniformity to their use.  Or am I wrong again?  :-)

Since the most important thing in the RC file is the pointer to the
symbol libs, I wonder if a better approach moving forward would be to
consolidate the files into one?  Or is there an architectural reason
to have multiple RC files?

Just a thought . . . .  I may be totally off base here.

Stuart