Re: gEDA-user: which fab house?

On Mar 16, 2004, at 1:09 AM, David Koski wrote:
http://kosmosisland.com/island/david/kuvia/show.php? title=Sample+Board&path=geda
   Hey, that's a damn sight better than my first PCB.  Nice work!

   Hmmmm...H-bridge motor controller?
Yes. And I confess I should have said "first board ever--with CAD". My first board was
made using etch resistant ink like sharpie pens. Hmm.. I guess that dates me.
It was about 25 years ago. I added an image of that board too for laughs.
Ahh ok, I feel better now. :) My first board (a small crystal-controlled CW transmitter for the 40m ham band) was done in exactly the same way, probably about the same time. :)

http://kosmosisland.com/island/david/kuvia/show.php? title=Sample+Board&path=geda
...and mine looked very, very much like this! :-) Thanks for sharing; this takes me back to a very happy time in my life. :-)

I've done dozens of boards with CAD through ExpressPCB, though I have to run their layout editor under a Windows emulator (no PCs here) which is a pain, but it's pretty good software and their service is great. But I'm getting ready to do my next one (a digital RF power meter) with PCB through the barebonespcb.com people. I've always used ExpressPCB because they are so incredibly inexpensive, then DJ comes along and mentions a company even cheaper than that, and they take actual Gerbers rather than proprietary stuff. I'm anxious to give them a try myself.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "PC users only know two 'solutions'...
Cape Coral, FL reboot and upgrade." -Jonathan Patschke