Re: gEDA-user: Building geda under Windows

On Saturday 05 March 2005 01:28, Al Davis wrote:
> Even more important, we need to work on the integration between
> the tools.  It needs to be able to compete against PSPICE,
> LT-Spice, Protel, and Eagle on its own merit, with no
> apologies.

Integration is king. That's why John Ousterhout invented TCL and
Stallman guile. A gEDA framework that can be extended to wrap about
any simulator?

Then you need a proper waveform viewer and data post-processor to view
the results from the simulator.

> We should target the educational market.  To get there, we need
> to make it prettier and easier to use than the cripple ware
> they use now.  We have some substantial advantages in this
> market.  We should exploit them.

Educational market is in my opinion covered with the crippeled
versions of about any tool that has an educational version. The
effort of sweeten up  the application with artificial sugar should
rather be invested in making the applications work better with each
other.
--
Svenn