Re: gEDA-user: newbie opamp blues

On Saturday 26 March 2005 19:30, David Logan wrote:
> That is unfortunate. I reviewed the docs, reviewed the sample
> files, downloaded a library of various parts, and spent an hour or
> so looking over the requirements to get an op amp working, and
> trying various things in gschem.
>
> Unfortunately, building parts and setting pins and saving symbols
> is far more complicated at this point than I am prepared to deal
> with. It's challenging enough figuring out how to get pspice wired
> correctly with an existing opamp, and getting my 100 homework
> problems correct.
>
> If somebody knows of an exsiting, fairly simple op amp sample
> project, or a set of straightforward step by step instructions from
> getting from zero to a working op amp in a schematic to ngspice, I
> would be grateful.

Are you using pspice or ngspice? Looks like you are on linux from your
emails, but maybe you use pspice under wine? Then you could also use
ltspice under wine. Or if you have ngspice running you could use
xcircuit which is easier for small circuits spice simulation than
geda. You can run xcircuit anyway as it write the spice netlist the
way you want.

In other words, what do you want to do? Do you only want to get the
job done, or do you want to get it done in geda?
--
Svenn