Re: gEDA-user: newbie opamp blues

I'm looking to learn gschem/gnetlist/ngspice, using my book, while also learning eletronics. My book, while teaching me electronics (basic analog circuits), also teaches me how to use electronics modelling software, by having me use pspice for Windows.

However, I use Linux, and prefer to learn the Unix tools, geda/gnetlist and ngspice. I am working on learning both tools. I use pspice for Windows plus the book to figure out how it should work with gschem/netlist/ngspice.

Up until now, other than some annoyances (no resistor values, no auto-numbering, things like that) it has been working out fine.

I probably do need to take the time to figure out how to do this in gschem/gnetlist/ngspice. Surely at some point, this knowledge will be required. And I would actually be happy to, except that the docs aren't cohesive, and it's being difficult for me to figure out just exactly what the various programs want and how to specify those wants correctly.

My final statement was that I just don't have time to play around with this and that until I finally hit upon the correct steps for that "aha!". I really need more clear cut instructions on how to build an opamp circuit, with the associated pins. If I had to build a symbol, that's fine, especially if I could reuse it during my work in this chapter, but I just don't have time to spend 6-8 hours or more figuring out how to edit a symbol, edit pins, save pins, learn how to label pins, figure out what the labels should be, per what spice wants, attach them to sequence numbers, learn how to properly number / label / pinseq / netlist / whatever that needs, etc.

Maybe I'm making this more difficult than it is...but that's just it. I don't know.

David Logan