gEDA-user: gEDA install, gerbv barfs

Greetings;

System is kernel 2.6.11.2, fedora core 2 with lots of mods.

I dl'd the cd image and burnt that.  Then installed it, which went
nominally except for grebv, its having a problem with the ./configure
spitting out this:

checking for gdk-pixbuf-config... no
checking for GDK_PIXBUF - version >= 0.2.5... no
*** The gdk-pixbuf-config script installed by GDK_PIXBUF could not be
found
*** If GDK_PIXBUF was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GDK_PIXBUF_CONFIG environment variable to
the
*** full path to gdk-pixbuf-config.
----------------
The installed version of gdk-pixbuf is:
[root@coyote gerbv-0.16]# rpm -qa |grep gdk-pixbuf
gdk-pixbuf-gnome-0.22.0-11.3.5
gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0-11.3.5

and the .pc files are in the pkgconfig dir.  But, locate cannot find
the gdk-pixbuf-config file, it doesn't exist for some reason.

Ideas?  I'm running out of hair, although 70 years may have something
to do with that :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)