gEDA-user: Gattrib and themes

Just an archival note for the list --

Thank you very much, Carlos, for investigating the problems with
gattrib!   Following Carlos's discovery that GTK themes have something
to do with certain gattrib misbehaviors, I tried running gattrib under
a few different desktop themes on my machines.

I run my machines using the default theme installed by RedHat/Fedora.
I haven't experienced any problems.  However, after playing around
with different desktop themes, I have discovered that
certain of them cause display problems with gattrib.  For example, the
"Crux" theme doesn't display text or borders in the row/column
labels.  "Ocean Dream" displays text, but doesn't display borders
around the row/column labels.  Most themes, however, seem to work OK.

This is some kind of bug in GtkSheet, the widget I stole (thanks to
the GPL) to create gattrib.  Of course, I will fix it at some point in
the near/intermediate future.

Meanwhile, since I have a number of projects in my "inbox", there is
no chance I can fix it before Ales creates the next gEDA release.
Therefore, my suggested work-around for folks who experience weird
display problems with gattrib is to change their desktop theme to
something simple and generic.

Of course, if somebody with GTK experience wants to submit patches to
address this bug, please feel free to do so!  I'm always happy to
collaborate!

Thanks again to Carlos for uncovering this subtle problem!

Stuart