Re: gEDA-user: Question about creating footprints under PCB

Hi --

> sorry for posting this question again - but I still  do not know:
> How can I place "things" under PCB?
>
> If I try to create a new footprint, I can use an old, devide it into
> Elements and copy and paste this Elements like I need.
> But how is the trick to place this Elements exactly?
> The SMD-Parts are so small, that I can't do it by estimating...

It sounds like you want to *exactly* specify the dimensions and
placement of the individual graphical elements.  Perhaps you are
looking for a pop-up box which allows you to type coordinates into the
program to move/place an element?

If this is what you mean, I don't believe PCB has this capability.
Your best bet is to open the footprint file in a text editor and
define it that way.  Hopefully you are using newlib footprints!!!  For
definitions of what the parameters in the file mean, read the
footprint doc linked on this page:

http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/

It's the last item in the first list.

Stuart