Re: gEDA-user: Question about creating footprints under PCB

> Thank You Stuart,
> this is exacly what I mean.
>
> I'm a little confused, that a program for exact placing of elements
> (lines, pads, etc) doesnt got this capability...

It's an open-source project; nobody has implemented this feature yet.
If you know C and have some time, why to try to do it?

> But if it is possible to do it in text-form, it is OK.
> I think, I will use new-lib element.
> My idea is, to use Luciani-Footprints and change it to add new
> footprints for my project.

That's a great idea.  That's what I would do too.

> By the way:
> What about a ftp-server for up/downloading symbols, footprints and
> documentation - in addition to everybodys own side?

Marvin Dickens has created a footprint site here:

http://www.gedasymbols.org/

Gschem symbol upload is here:

http://www.geda.seul.org/tools/symbols/contrib.html

Stuart