Re: gEDA-user: Installer Possibly Missing from ISO?

Hi --

The installer has never been tested on Cygwin.  YOu are breaking new
ground!

It looks to me like the ISO9660 image is being mounted and read using
the crufty old MS-DOS filesytem names (8.3 names).  Under Linux, the
file names take on arbitrary lengths/extensions, and they were written
using the Linux names.  That's why the stuff looks like it is missing.

I created the CD ROM using the "Rock Ridge extensions" (or whatever
they are called) which somehow map the new filenames onto the old
ones.  Please google around to see if you can somehow mount the CD
under Cygwin using these extensions so that you can see the longer
filenames.

I am not aware of how one does this under Cygwin.  Therefore, if you
figure it out, please let the rest of us know!  :-)

Stuart