Re: gEDA-user: Question about creating footprints under PCB

It's an open-source project; nobody has implemented this feature yet.
If you know C and have some time, why to try to do it?

Yes I know - and it would be a conclusion - but honestly - I'd never programmed under Linux and I employ this project and linux itself for so short time, that I don'd want to add bugs...

Marvin Dickens has created a footprint site here:

http://www.gedasymbols.org/

Gschem symbol upload is here:

http://www.geda.seul.org/tools/symbols/contrib.html

Yes I know both, but the upload is only an upload (where is the actual download?) and the site of Marvin doesn't work...is'nt it?

For that reason my thougth: Why not a simple ftp-server on geda.seul.org...where every member of this group is able to access? (perhaps with an passphrase...)

But I've got unfortunately a new question:
Is it possible, that PCB (Iso-cd version 28.12.2004) does'nt work with the 1/100 mil Option []?
I just play with a footprint and the log-window reports a syntax error if I try to use the brackets..
Manfred