Re: gEDA-user: Installer Possibly Missing from ISO?

On Saturday 26 March 2005 07:38, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> Well, I demur.  (Or do I misunderstand your statement?)  There is a
> non-zero probability that the CD will do the right thing on Cygwin [1]
> because Cygwin does its best to provide a unix-like interface to
> whatever program is running it.  Therefore, the installer should be
> happy.

I don't have a lot experience with cygwin. My only experience with it
was to install GIMP on a windows machine for my step daughter. That
installation was smooth.

> That being said, my experience with the Real World (TM) is that
> any product which you don't thoroughly test using the customer's
> specific configuration will fail when he first powers it up.  [2]
> Since I didn't test the CD on a Cygwin system, experience says that
> the installer will fail.

Probably. I never expected anyone to try to use it to install
the suite on a windows machine. This just goes to show that Stuart's
installation CD attracts new users,  which is a good thing.

Regards

Marvin