Re: gEDA-user: Installer Possibly Missing from ISO?

On Friday 25 March 2005 22:09, Ales Hvezda wrote:

> The installer on the gEDA Suite ISO is a Linux binary.

If my memory serves me correctly, the installer is a python
script. If the machine has python installed, the script itself
will work. Although, I don't know how the script will handle
the directory structure (Directory creation and so forth) in Windows.
Win32 and cygwin are another story and I am sure they will
break the installation using the current CD.

Even so, I remember Karel got some (Or all?)  of gEDA up
and running on a machine with Windows installed on it. I don't
remember the details except for the fact it was a win32 and
cygwin installation. The portion that made an impression
on me were the screenshots of PCB in a Windows environment.
Something I thought I'd never see.

As I recall, he put a howto and screenshots up on the same address
that hosts Ronja. I'm sure a Python script could install at least what
Karel got working.

Regards

Marvin Dickens