Re: gEDA-user: problem

Hello
Is there a work-around to the absence of buried vias? for example,
edit the drill file to remove a specific thru-hole, and copy this
via into the file for layer 2-3?
Best Regards
Amr Bayoumi

El mar, 28-02-2006 a las 13:14 -0500, DJ Delorie escribiÃ:
> > When a fab accepts blind vias, I have to send a drill file for every
> > layer?
>
> I'm guessing it's up to the fab what they want. You'd probably need a
> drill file for each layer pair (blind and buried vias are limited to
> just where you can put them) plus one for the through holes. I
> haven't seen anything that uses these, so I don't know.

I did. Yes, you are right: there is a drill file for each type of vias.
For example, if you are using vias between layers 1-2, 5-6 and through
hole, you will have three drill files.

Regards,

Carlos

Yahoo! Mail