Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Stale rat's nest?

On Thursday 02 March 2006 14:42, joeft wrote:
> Vanessa,
>
> I did a similar design flow at one time (using another schematic capture
> tool into PCB).  How did you get your original netlist?  Did you create it
> by hand or somehow port it into a form PCB could use?  Having a correct
> netlist you can use as a starting point is the key.  If you modify it by
> adding rats in PCB you may indeed corrupt the original net info.

I started from scratch with no netlist and no rats, by laying out all my parts
and then manually drawing rats between pins as needed.

Perioically I'd save my work, and whenever I made a mistake I would exit from
PCB completely, restart it, and reload my board to essentially revert to my
last save.

Since PCB stores the current netlist inside the board file itself, there was
no need to reload a separate netlist at any point.

--
"Sometimes paranoia can be helpful. Usually it
isn't, and when you learn that, life improves."