Re: gEDA-user: Dealing with really high-pin-count parts

> 	Once gedasymbols.org is accepting symbols, I will be
> absolutely thrilled to turn off the contrib page on geda.seul.org.

Well, the status is as follows: Marvin has transferred the domain to
me, so assuming the DNS records have timed out, you should start
getting pages from my server and not bellsouth.  I'll probably have
more time to work on it this weekend, and by then, everyone should be
seeing my server.

I've done some experimentation with my cvs server, which knows how to
maintain web sites, and what I think I will offer is this:

Anyone who qualifies can get cvs write access to the repository which
controls www.gedasymbols.org.  They'll normally be limited to a
user-specific directory, in which they can put symbols, footprints,
tools, and/or documentation.  I'll try to figure out a way to index
all this.  Some users who have earned trust, will also be able to edit
the common pages, and/or CGIs, yada yada yada.

I do have psql on that machine but I haven't figured out a useful way
to integrate it without opening security holes.  Maybe I'll have users
check in CSV files, and do the indexing and database myself.

I'll probably work out some server magic to convert symbol and
footprint files to HTML web pages on the fly; so you'd see a thumbnail
and some information, with links to download, when you invoke the url
for the symbol file.  That way, people can focus on the symbols and
footprints, and not worry so much about the html end of things.

I'm not sure what to do about "anonymous" contributions yet.