Re: gEDA-user: Outstanding improvement tasks

On Friday 03 March 2006 14:48, Al Davis wrote:

> If this is too much, a simpler improvement that would be of
> value is to organize the symbol library.  One big problem for
> beginners is that the symbols needed for any particular design
> are scattered among many libraries.  To see what I mean, find
> all of the symbols that you would need for a simple transistor
> amplifier.  This is one that could be done by someone who is
> just getting started, maybe at the level where you just did
> your first transistor amplifier.

Being able to organize the symbols into a deeper tree would be a good start,
and making the organization in the symbol library independent of on-disk
layout would be even better...

Peter

--
Quake II build tools: http://peter-b.co.uk/

v2sw6YShw7$ln5pr6ck3ma8u6/8Lw3+2m0l7Ci6e4+8t4Eb8Aen5+6g6Pa2Xs5MSr5p4
  hackerkey.com