Re: gEDA-user: Howto update footprint in pcb?

Dan McMahill wrote:

> unfortunately, no.  This is, in my mind, a major limitation.

  I've used
> awk or emacs in the past.  This is one of the things I'd really like to
> see fixed.  If anyone is up for some coding, they should contact me as I
> think I understand the problem and all the stuff which needs to be
> addressed to effectively deal with this.
>

> In terms of 0805, I'd suggest you use one of the
>
> {CAP,IND,RES}C2012{L,N,M}
>
> footprints from the ~geda library.

Hmm, I can't seem to find them. ~geda is the M4 lib, is it?
So the part names should be in pcblib.contents. But a grep for C2012
yields nothing. The most probable line for 0805 is
	geda_0805:0805:0805:Standard SMT resistor, capacitor etc

Maybe my lib is outdated. I use the pcb package from debian testing
"pcb-20050609-1"...

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak