Re: gEDA-user: Howto update footprint in pcb?

kmk wrote:
Dan McMahill wrote:

unfortunately, no. This is, in my mind, a major limitation.

  I've used

awk or emacs in the past. This is one of the things I'd really like to see fixed. If anyone is up for some coding, they should contact me as I think I understand the problem and all the stuff which needs to be addressed to effectively deal with this.

In terms of 0805, I'd suggest you use one of the

{CAP,IND,RES}C2012{L,N,M}

footprints from the ~geda library.

Hmm, I can't seem to find them. ~geda is the M4 lib, is it?
So the part names should be in pcblib.contents. But a grep for C2012
yields nothing. The most probable line for 0805 is
	geda_0805:0805:0805:Standard SMT resistor, capacitor etc

Maybe my lib is outdated. I use the pcb package from debian testing
"pcb-20050609-1"...

now I'm really confused. In your email from an hour ago you said you used the cvs version...