Re: gEDA-user: HOLES & vias

Em Sáb 04 Mar 2006 01:31, Marc Price escreveu:
> DJ Delorie wrote:
> >>Place a via where you want a hole, then mouseover it and hit Control-H to
> >> turn off the copper.  Set your desired drill size with Alt-S and
> >> Shift-Alt-S.
> >
> >Note that many fabs charge extra for unplated holes.  It's easier, and
> >often cheaper, to give it a plated hole.  The annulus acts to keep
> >copper traces away from the screw/nut/washer anyway.
>
> I can seem to change the hole size
>
> Marc :(

My fab does not accept unplated holes, because drilling is a great problem to
him. He have only two drilling machines (very old, instead), and most of the
time one of the two are broken, wainting for maintenance :D
So, to make unplated holes, I create an unplated hole with Control+H, and when
the board is finished, I mix the two drilling files with some text editor.
What happens is that when a drill does not have a copper anulus around him,
the hole got metalization but in the etch process, that metalization is
etched. Dont ask me why, but it works in about 90% of the times.
I recommend you not to use metalized holes to put screws, because if the board
have thru holes components and will be solded with wave of solder, the hole
can become closed by solder. And the copper annulus+hot air solder+soldermask
makes the nut not well firmly attached, and sometimes the screw can become
not in rught angle with the board, it can become twisted (sorry for my poor
english, hope you uderstanded what I tryed to say).