Re: gEDA-user: Embedded Power Pins

On Mar 5, 2006, at 10:03 AM, kmk wrote:

Nevertheless, I don't see how I could implement this technique with
gschem. There seems to be no way to let a gschem symbol contain slots
with different pinout. The same problem arises if a component has slots
that perform different functions. This is the case for some analog
multipliers that contain an additional opamp with no internal connection
to the multiplier. Did I miss something obvious?

Slotting is only needed for identical subcircuits. If they aren't identical, just give them the same refdes and they'll be treated as subsystems of the same part. The only thing that's tricky is getting a useful diagnostic when you make a mistake doing this...

jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx