Re: gEDA-user: Layers limit in pcb

> Anyway, back to the point: what's the state of play with
> many-layered boards in pcb?

Change MAX_LAYER in globalconst.h and recompile.  I've tested it with
fifty-something layers.  The colors get messed up when you do that,
but it does work.  Warning: keep the 8 layer version around too, as it
has no way of dynamically adapting to the number of layers in the
saved .pcb files (yet).

If you need the colors fixed, it shouldn't be too hard to hack in a
few more (er, main.c and probably gui-config.c in the gtk pcb).

After the HID work is in, I might make this more dynamic, as my next
furnace board would want more than 8 working layers (four layer board,
two layers per layer group, plus outline and a "notes" layer, == 10
layers).