Re: gEDA-user: local only mode for syms and footprints

On Friday 10 March 2006 03:51, Ales Hvezda wrote:

> 1) Create a gschemrc in the current directory with the following
>    lines inside:
>
> (reset-component-library)
> (reset-source-library)
>
> 2) restarted gschem (20060123) in the current directory.
>
> Into which *rc file did you put these lines?  I just discovered that
> because of the order of rc files, you cannot put these into lines into
> a gafrc (might not have the right effect).  This might actually be a
> problem, not sure at the moment.  But they certainly have the desired
> effect in a gschemrc which also means you might need a gnetlistrc if
> you are netlisting.  And these rc files need to have lines for your
> local libraries.

I think this is a bug. You *definitely* want gnetlist and gschem to use the
same symbol libraries, and therefore it should be possible to specify the
libraries in the project gafrc. Suppose you have a gafrc:

(reset-component-library)
(reset-source-library)

(component-library "components")
(component-library "heirachysymbols")
(source-library "heirachysources")

You don't get "components" and "heirachysymbols" as the only component
libraries used by gschem & gnetlist -- and that's not the desired effect.

I'm pretty certain that the current behaviour is the Wrong Thing. I propose
that library definitions should be in system-gafrc, and that system-gschemrc
should _never_ include library definitions.

Just my Â0.02 worth.

Peter

--
Quake II build tools: http://peter-b.co.uk/

v2sw6YShw7$ln5pr6ck3ma8u6/8Lw3+2m0l7Ci6e4+8t4Eb8Aen5+6g6Pa2Xs5MSr5p4
  hackerkey.com