Re: gEDA-user: more gedasymbols stuff

> Now the visitor first hits the division by author and second division by
> schematic/footprint and third division by the part itself.
>
> I suggest that the first division would be to symbols and footprints,
> then directories according to part type (transistor / IC / connector /
> passive component etc.) then division by part type and author
> information to be included in the information attached to the symbol.
>
> I believe my proposed arrangement is much faster to actually work with.

It's easier for visitors that way, yes, but at the moment I'm trying
to make it easier for contributors to manage their contributions.  So,
the web content is laid out by author first, and that's the easiest
way to present the information, because I don't really have to do
anything that way.

When I get time I'll try to figure out a way to scan the whole site
and put up a search engine and maybe some other ways of viewing the
contents.  At that point, it would probably list things by part first,
then author.  That will also be a good time to put "local content"
links in the main part of the home page; authors are relegated to the
sidebar because I agree that finding parts by author is inconvenient.

However, it was easy to add an automatic sidebar, so I did :-)