Re: gEDA-user: more gedasymbols stuff

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 07:44:02PM +0100, kmk wrote:
> DJ Delorie wrote:
> > If you haven't visited www.gedasymbols.org recently, we now have six
> > active contributors and a couple more in the works.  The symbol and
> > footprint handlers seem to be working OK now
>
> <applause=on>
> Very, very nice!
> I think, keeping the content attached to the contributor is a wise
> decision. This avoids the frictions of mixing different standards in a
> pool. I assume, the best of the contributed symbols will be admitted to
> the "official library", will they?
> Again: That was a major step ahead!
> </applause>

Now the visitor first hits the division by author and second division by
schematic/footprint and third division by the part itself.

I suggest that the first division would be to symbols and footprints,
then directories according to part type (transistor / IC / connector /
passive component etc.) then division by part type and author
information to be included in the information attached to the symbol.

I believe my proposed arrangement is much faster to actually work with.

CL<