gEDA-user: an unplated via - a capacitor inside a board

Let's say I have a ground plane on the solder side and power plane on
the component side. I want to place a blocking capacitor between those
two with the minimum parasitic inductance.

The solution with minimum parasitic inductance is to make a via, but not
plate it through, just leave the rings around the hole. Make the hole
big enough for a 1206 capacitor to fit, insert a capacitor and solder on
both sides.

Is this possible with PCB?

CL<