Re: gEDA-user: Autorouter segfaults

kmk wrote:

Hi,
if I try to use any of the autorouting features of pcb with my
PID-project, the program segfaults immediately.

The problem stems from the copper text appearing on the "component" layer. Admittedly the string is an empty string, but it is origin point is outside the bounds of the board; this makes it have the bounding box that one character at that position would have.

So the autorouter is trying to create an avoidance region outside the bounding box for the board, which causes the segfault. The quick solution for you is to use a text editor to remove the offending "text" (the one at 303567, 165071) -while you're at it, remove the other 3 null texts.

Now if PCB created these null texts, that's a problem. But if they were created by some other means, well ... I guess it should simply discard null texts when reading a file.

h.