Re: gEDA-user: Fwd: [Open-graphics] How to get more eyes on OGD1 schematic?

(Regarding the OpenGraphics board)

> Thats the first time I had seen a part in a "U" shape... thats very ugly to
> me...
> And a lot of capacitors, all in paralell,
> the ICs withou power pins... how can
> somebody deffend that kind of design style? (I am not saying the
> schematic is
> bad, I just dislike a lot that style, but a lot of people thinks thats the
> best design style, which I cant understand).

*chuckle*

That schematic is an excellent demonstration of the oft-made claim
that graphical schematics are dead, and should be replaced by
text-based HDLs.

Personally, as an analog guy I don't think the graphical schematic
will ever die.  But it *is* true that not much real info is gleaned
from a bunch of boxes drawn on a page.

Of course, the question is: How *should* one represent a digital
design like that one?  I mean, you still need to capture info about
pin-outs, and placement of series term resistors, bypass caps, and a
few other things.  But is there a better way than just drawing boxes
on a page?

I see a good PhD research project for somebody clever here. . . . .

Stuart