Re: gEDA-user: CVS PCB

Dan McMahill wrote:
Karel Kulhavy wrote:

Hello

Someone wrote that CVS PCB now displays the footprint attribute in the
footprint library. I would like to try it out. Is the CVS PCB stable
enough? Does it often crash while losing the work? Does it sometimes
corrupt the .pcb file? Is it's file format compatible with the latest
release?

CL<

- is is probably more stable than the latest release

- I have not had it crash, but this doesn't mean it won't

- I have not had any corruption of the file, but again that
  doesn't mean it won't.  It shouldn't be any worse.

- the file format written by the cvs version will _not_ be loaded by the latest snapshot. This is because of 2 additional DRC settings (which you requested btw). If the file needs to be read by the latest snapshot, the DRC line can be removed.

- you can also see the footprint= attribute at http://www.gedasymbols.org/footprints/ For the M4 libraries, the text which is hyperlinked to the footprint is the correct attribute. For the newlib library, drop the ".fp" part.

oh, the other thing you can do is only update the library part. If you rebuild pcb and just install lib/pcblib and lib/pcblib.contents that should do it. The addition of the footprint= bit is actually in the library creation, not the actual program.

-Dan