Re: gEDA-user: Can't load layouts created with current pcb,

DJ Delorie schrieb:
>>So you're saying the latest snapshot available from the pcb homepage
>>is totally broken, unuseable?  That it is not possible to save and
>>load a design with it?
>

> I just downloaded the 20050609 snapshot and built it.  Saved a file,
> loaded it, worked just fine.  That snapshot is nine months old and
> nobody has called it "totally broken" except you.

Sorry, if my the words were a bit rude,
but on my system the 20050609 snapshot (from the Debian package in
Debian unstable) does not work. I did not think, that it really was
totally broken (it's old and I seem to be the only one having this
problem). Maybe a configuration problem(but as I said, I already deleted
~/.pcb)  or an incompatible library version on my system or something. I
just verified that removing the package (including all the stuff in
/usr/share/pcb) and reinstalling it won't help.

But as I understand your reply to my posts you said that files created
with the 20050609 snapshot cannot be loaded with 20050609 and to load
files created with the snapshot I need a version newer than the snapshot.

Philipp