Re: gEDA-user: Refdes odd issue

On Sunday 19 March 2006 13:57, DJ Delorie wrote:

> It is up to you to name the elements so that their layout-name names agrees
> with the netlist.

Ah yes, I remember now.  I did see this in the manual but forgot about it.

Now, the way I read this description, it is not desireable to have a footprint
(as a whole that is) with lowercase letters in the name at all.  In that
case, shouldn't PCB either warn me or automatically change everything to
uppercase in whatever refdes I give to the part?

This wouldn't affect programs like gschem which surely generate netlists of a
comparable form (when multiple gates/slots are present), just PCB and just
when the user is manually naming a footprint.

--
"Sometimes paranoia can be helpful. Usually it
isn't, and when you learn that, life improves."