Re: gEDA-user: tragesym and multiple slots

On 3/21/06, Tomasz Nowak <nowak2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So what can I do, if I have two swappable USB ports, three swappable RS ports
> and a plenty of other peripherals (together 208 pins)? I'd like to split the chip...

Split the chip into major functional units, each with its own symbol
file.  Then, for the RS ports or USB ports, slot *those* instead.
Then, in the schematic, define them all with the same refdes=
attribute, so that pcb and other tools will recognize that they're all
belonging to the same physical chip.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II